I started making this soup back in 1995. My daughter, Brittney, was born with life threatening food allergies. Not just one or two - she was pretty much allergic to everything in the free world. I would make this for her at least once a week. Of course, I would not use the four cheese Classico sauce (I would just use a traditional sauce), and I would not garnish hers with shaved parmesan cheese, since dairy was one of the things she was allergic to. She would eat bowl after bowl of this soup. She has always been my healthiest eater. So if you don't do dairy, or if you want to eliminate the fat, just make those changes.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cubed
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 zucchini - diced
- 1 cup cauliflower
- I cup of broccoli
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar four cheese Classico pasta sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- ½ - 1 tsp. chili flakes (varies depending on if kids or wimps are involved)
- Place chicken breast in pot, cover with water just over the top of the chicken. Cook on medium for 40 min, then add everything else and cook for 30 additional minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil, shaved parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.